New! Pulmonary Rehabilitation at The Centers at St. Camillus
Our multidisciplinary team can help patients achieve lasting control of pulmonary symptoms and improve their quality of life. Pulmonary Rehabilitation is a focused program to teach, provide tools, and partner with patients to make a positive stride — to breathe and live better with their lung disease. The Centers at St. Camillus, in collaboration with Dr. S. El Bayadi (Board Certified Pulmonologist and Program Medical Director) and Pulmonary Health Physicians PC, offers an integrated team approach for pulmonary rehabilitation. The focus is to improve the patients’ control and management of their chronic lung disease. Learning to manage COPD can increase an individual’s confidence, capabilities and quality of life.
- Manage pulmonary conditions (including COPD) and coexisting medical conditions
- To breathe better and live well
- Enhance care coordination (with hospitals, home care, pulmonologist, primary care physician, etc.)
- Transition patients to function as “self-management coordinators”
- Bridge from hospital to independent care (home)
- Reduce ER visits & re-hospitalizations
We work closely with patients that are motivated to participate in our comprehensive rehabilitation program. Our health care team and partnering physicians are passionate and dedicated to support patients and help them achieve their goals.
- Daily assessment to monitor early signs of potential complications
- Rounds with pulmonary physician and health care team
- Engage family support
- Telehealth technology
- Education on disease and medications
- Bedside Pulmonary Function Testing (PFT)
- Design an individualized exercise program
- Length-of-stay goal is 2-3 weeks
Our Health Care Team Includes:
- Skilled Nursing
- Respiratory Therapy
- Pulmonary Medical Providers
- Physical Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Speech Therapy
- Social Services/Case Management
- Nutritional Counseling
We guarantee a simple one-step process.
For more information, please call Patricia Winship, Admissions Coordinator at 315-488-1500.
Our program’s brochure is available here.