COVID-19 Vaccination/Booster Program
The facility will strive to procure the vaccine for residents and staff through the local NYSDOH vaccine hub as part of our participation in the NYS Vaccination Program. The facility will aim to secure additional vaccines every week or so based on the facility’s demand for the vaccine.
If you would like to schedule your loved one for the vaccination/booster, please execute the required consent using (1) of the following options:
- (Recommended) On this COVID-19 Vaccination/Booster Program page, click the link in red below, to access the Online Vaccination Consent Form. Fill out the required fields and submit the form online.
- Download and print the form at home, complete the form and drop it off at the Building 2 operator’s desk at the facility, located at 813 Fay Road, Syracuse, NY.
- Stop by the Building 2 operator’s desk to obtain the form, complete the form and leave the document with the operator at the desk.
- In preparation for the COVID-19 BOOSTER, please complete and return the consent form. Clinic dates and times are to be announced.
Please Note: Only residents who are physically in the facility at the time of the Booster Clinic are eligible to receive the vaccine.
Individuals scheduled for dose #1 will automatically be scheduled for dose #2 inclusive of residents that are discharged back to the community.
If you have any questions on the Vaccination Program please contact your loved one’s assigned Unit Manager.
UPDATE: September 2022
Bivalent Booster Vaccine Eligibility
Please be advised, the NYSDOH in conjunction with the CDC has set forth the following: effective 10/16/22, eligible residents are “up to date” with the COVID-19 vaccines if the resident completed a COVID-19 vaccine primary series and received the most recent booster dose recommended by CDC, in this case, the bivalent booster vaccine. Eligibility is based on the following:
- 2 months from the last COVID-19 vaccination;
- Previously positive for the COVID-19 infection, at a minimum, the CDC recommends that you wait to get a COVID-19 vaccine, including the bivalent booster vaccine, until you have recovered from your acute COVID-19 illness, and you have met criteria to discontinue isolation.
The facility is starting to provide the bivalent vaccine based on the previously executed COVID booster consent form. If you would like to execute a new form please contact the Social Services Department. Residents that are not “up to date” will be subject to the following:
- Quarantine standards as established by the NYSDOH
- Social distancing during recreational and spiritual care services
- Residents with roommates that are not up to date will not be able to accommodate visitation in the resident room.
Please refer to the CDC website (www.cdc.gov) for additional information on the bivalent vaccine. We appreciate your support as we navigate the new regulatory update.
Additional information on the COVID-19 vaccination:
8 Things to Know about the U.S. COVID-19 Vaccination Program | CDC
Frequently Asked Questions about COVID-19 Vaccination | CDC
COVID-19 Vaccination | CDC
Questions and Answers about the COVID-19 Vaccine for Patients, Family Members, and Staff
Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine Fact Sheet
COVID-19 Vaccine: Answers to Your Questions
St. Camillus employees receiving the COVID-19 vaccine should not complete the online consent form, but should do so within the facility at the designated time.
Friday, April 16, 2021
Sunday, April 11, 2021
The health and safety of our residents, staff and visitors is paramount. Due to a recent positive diagnosis for COVID-19 in the facility, our commitment to transparency and mandatory notification, we are reporting notification of one positive contracted staff member.
We want to assure you we are following the Department of Health guidelines to maintain the wellbeing of all.
Following New York State Department of Health mandates, all Limited In-Person Visitations must be discontinued until all results of the initial resident serial testing has been completed.
We will alert you when Limited In-Person Visitations can resume with another phone message like this one, through our website (www.st-camillus.org) and on our Facebook page (St. Camillus).
Thank you for your continued patience and understanding of this matter.
Thursday, February 22, 2021
St. Camillus has been made aware of the Governor’s recent announcement on visitation, however at this point, the facility is waiting on clarification from the New York State Department of Health on the specific protocols required to operationalize the Governor’s directive.
At this time, the facility will continue to provide the limited visitation accommodations based on current practices.
We thank you in advance for your patience and understanding as we navigate this directive.
Thursday, February 11, 2021
Dear St. Camillus Family Members and Friends,
The health and safety of our residents, staff, and visitors is paramount. Due to new directives from the NYS Department of Health Epidemiologist that has been working with the facility and our commitment to transparency and mandatory notification, we are reporting on new guidance regarding the cohorting of residents.
To help mitigate the spread of the Coronavirus, St. Camillus has established additional areas to cohort residents. Any resident who returns from an outside medical appointment, returns from an emergency room visit, or returns from a hospitalization stay, must be moved to a designated cohort unit and not back to their room for 14 days. The resident’s prior COVID status and/or vaccination status does not factor into the decision. They will be in isolation for that duration of time. Unfortunately, they will not be eligible for a window or an in-person visit during that period. They must be retested prior to return to their original room.
All efforts of collaboration with the Department of Health Epidemiologist have been effective, as we currently have zero COVID-19 cases with residents and staff.
We are pleased we have been able to open up for our limited in-person visitations. We will continue to provide updates through phone messages, our website (www.st-camillus.org), and on our Facebook page (St. Camillus).
Friday, February 5, 2021
We are excited to report that St. Camillus will be reopening for Limited In-Person Visitations beginning Tuesday, February 9, 2021!
These scheduled, 30 minute visitations will take place on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays from 1:30 PM to 3:00 PM only.
- All visitors must bring proof of a negative COVID test within the last seven days of your scheduled visit. Please note, proof of a test is still needed even if you received the vaccination.
- Visitors must undergo temperature checks, wear face coverings, and socially distance during the visit, which will be held indoors in our Social Day program space.
- Only two visitors are allowed at a time.
- Anyone under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult and together count as the maximum of two visitors.
- No pets will be allowed.
- All gifts or small packages must be left in the main lobby.
Noncompliance will result in loss of visitation privileges.
Please arrive 15 minutes early to support the check-in and screening processes.
Visitation may be stopped by State and/or local authorities if there is an increase in community COVID spread.
In addition, we are pleased to offer an added drop-off time for non-perishable gifts and small packages on WELCOMED WEDNESDAYS! Your small packages can be dropped off on the shelves inside the sliding glass doors of the main lobby on Wednesdays only from 11:00 AM to 1:00 PM, 1:30 PM to 3:00 PM, and 4:00 PM to 6:00 PM (non-perishable gifts will be delivered to residents within 48 hours). This way. families coming for window visits can drop off at the same time as your visit.
Thank you for your understanding and compliance and enjoy your visits to St. Camillus!
Tuesday, December 22, 2020
St. Camillus is pleased to announce a special but very limited Three-Day Only Christmas Food and Gift Delivery initiative to help families and friends bring a little more Christmas cheer to your loved ones here!
Three days only, Wednesday through Friday, December 23rd through 25th ONLY!
Food/Meal Delivery Times:
Perishable food/meals only from 11-11:30 AM ONLY for that day’s lunch delivery and from 4-4:30 PM ONLY for that day’s dinner delivery.
These perishable food/meal deliveries should be placed on or inside the little brown cart immediately inside the sliding glass doors of our Main Lobby, and be clearly marked with the resident’s name and Care Unit room number.
Christmas Holiday Gifts:
A few small Christmas gifts can be delivered to the facility on Wednesday and Thursday, December 23rd and 24th from 11 AM to 1 PM and 4 to 6 PM. On Christmas Day, Friday, December 25th, from 11 AM to 1 PM ONLY.
Please place your gifts clearly labeled with the resident’s name and Care Unit room number on the tall blue carts located on either side of the sliding doors of our Main Entrance.
Please refrain from delivering any items that are not Christmas gifts. We will set up a time in the near future for a general delivery drop-off initiative.
Please Note: Residents currently residing on our COVID unit can receive your delivered meals and the facility will accommodate a few small Christmas gifts for them as well. However, any additional gifts received will be held in storage until the resident transitions off of the dedicated unit.
Thank you. Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays from St. Camillus!
Thursday, December 10, 2020
Dear St. Camillus Family Members and Friends,
Due to recent positive diagnoses for COVID-19 in the facility, our commitment to transparency and mandatory notification, we are reporting notification of additional positive staff and residents.
The health and safety of our residents, staff and visitors is paramount. We want to assure you that we are following all New York State Department of Health guidelines to maintain the wellbeing of all, and are diligently continuing to focus our efforts on all preventative measures to mitigate the spread of COVID-19.
Thank you for your support and understanding of this matter.
Friday, November 27, 2020
Dear St. Camillus Family Members and Friends,
Due to a recent increase of positive COVID-19 diagnoses in our community, we wanted to let you know our window visit program has been suspended until further notice. We understand the emotional impact that separation from loved ones has caused, this decision was not made lightly, but ultimately made to further ensure the safety of our residents and your loved ones.
Meanwhile, our facility will continue to focus on all preventative measures to mitigate the spread of COVID-19.
We will keep you updated when we can resume this opportunity.
Thank for your understanding regarding this situation and continued support.
Monday, November 23, 2020
Dear Family Members and Friends,
St. Camillus wishes to convey that the health, safety and well-being of our residents, staff and community is of utmost importance, and that we understand the toll the current coronavirus public health emergency has taken.
Due to the recent increase of positive COVID-19 cases in our community, we are temporarily suspending both our Special Delivery Program of personal items and non-perishable food items such as snacks, candy and pre-packaged beverages, as well as our Perishable Food Drop-Off Program effective Saturday, November 28th, 2020, until further notice.
For new residents and patients admitted within the last five days, drop off of personal items will be allowed Mondays through Fridays from 3-4:30 PM only.
No other items will be accommodated at this time.
In addition, we are reporting positive resident and staff cases, but are strictly adhering to and following all New York State Department of Health guidance.
On behalf of St Camillus, please accept our sincerest gratitude for your patience and understanding as together we progress through these challenging circumstances.
Monday, October 5, 2020
As mandated by the NYS Dept. of Health, if any residents or staff members test positive for COVID-19, limited in-person visitations must immediately cease for a 14 day period.
The newest visitation guidelines, which went into effect September 17, are:
- Visitors are required to present a verified negative test result received within seven (7) days of their negative test result date (not from the date the test was performed).
- Visitation must be refused by the facility if the individual fails to present a negative test result, exhibits any COVID-19 symptoms, or does not pass screening question.
- Only two (2) visitors are allowed per resident per visit. Anyone under the age of 18 (any child, toddler, or baby) must be accompanied by an adult and counts as your second visitor (maximum).
- Visitors must undergo temperature checks, wear face coverings, and socially distance during the visit.
The same criteria that St. Camillus previously posted for these limited visits will apply:
- Visitation may also be stopped by state and/or local authorities if there is an increase in community COVID spread.
- All visitors are required to adhere to the following visitation guidelines also found on our website at www.st-camillus.org. Noncompliance will result in loss of visitation privileges.
- Visitors must call in advance to schedule a visitation with residents.
- Only two (2) people per visit; any visitors under 18 must be with an adult.
- Visitors must complete a COVID-19 screening and be cleared to participate in the visit or the visitation will be denied. No pets allowed.
- Socially distant limited in-person visitations will occur indoors in our Social Day Program space. We will still offer window visits during this transition time to full inside visits based on schedule availability until visitors have had the opportunity to get tested. Window visits will occur outdoors (weather permitting) in the tented areas located adjacent to our Main Entrance or indoors in our Social Day Program space due to inclement weather only.
- Visitors must complete hand hygiene, wear face masks, and practice social distancing at all times. Residents will be provided with face masks. Eating or drinking is prohibited; care packages are not permitted.
- Staff members will disinfect, supervise, monitor, and assist during all visits.
- To schedule a visit Mondays through Fridays between 10:00 AM & 11:30 AM and 1:30 PM to 3:30 PM, please contact Rachel Benton at (315) 703-0740 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please arrive 15 minutes early to support the check-in and screening process.
- If you have any questions, please call St. Camillus at 315-488-2951.
COVID-19 Related Information
- St. Camillus is dedicated to the safe and quality care of all residents.
- The New York State Department of Health website has positive cases listed by county.
- We are monitoring New York State Department of Health, Onondaga County Health Department, and Centers of Disease Control websites.
- We receive, review, and follow updates as they are made available.
- St. Camillus staff has been educated and trained to follow infection control practices to help prevent the spread of any disease.
- We are enforcing frequent hand hygiene and providing personal protective equipment (PPE).
- We are cleaning and disinfecting frequently touched objects and surfaces per guidelines.
- We are screening any allowed visitors, staff, contracted personnel, and vendors for illness per guidelines, and ensuring those who are ill do not enter the facility.
- Visitors, including Companions, are restricted and not allowed to visit residents.
- Flower deliveries are acceptable.
- St. Camillus will now process all residents’ personal laundry that was previously laundered by the family.
- Clothing, for new admissions only, can be dropped off at the Main Lobby on Mondays and Thursdays from 11:30 AM – 12:30 PM and 5:00 PM – 6:00 PM. Please label all clothing with the resident’s name. The clothing will be accepted up to three days after the admission date (weekends excluded).
- Pandemic emergency plan available here.
- Medical appointments for residents will be approved by the St. Camillus Care Team. Family members opting to attend the appointment should arrive at the facility a few minutes early to complete the required health screen prior to boarding the transportation vehicle.
- Therapeutic Leaves of Absence for residents will not be accommodated at this time.
- No visitation includes no visiting anywhere outdoors on facility grounds.
- Visitation must be pre-approved by Nursing Administration. Individuals are required to complete a health screen. There is a limit of two visitors per visitation time.
- The St. Camillus Interdisciplinary Care Team will be calling all residents’ primary contact routinely to provide updates.
- Centralized activities and pastoral programs are prohibited.
- For questions regarding Admissions, please call 315-488-1500.
- St. Camillus will facilitate all discharges. Our care team will contact family caregivers to arrange for on-site Educational Training.
- Due to the volume incoming phone calls, please leave a detailed message with the operator and a team will return all calls within a reasonable period of time. Please inform the operator if the call is an urgent situation.
- The weekends will be managed with the following protocol:
- All non-urgent calls will be returned between 1:00 PM and 4:30 PM by the dedicated Interdisciplinary Response Team (IDRT).
- A dedicated line (315-440-1594) for non-urgent calls is in effect to support calls on Saturday and Sunday during the above time by the IDRT.
- The protocol consists of facilitating a call directly with your loved one.
- The Adult Day Health and Social Day Health programs are temporarily closed.
- Update from the State Long Term Care Ombudsman:
- Update from the New York State Department of Health:
- Several people have contacted us asking where they can be tested for COVID-19 (all visitors must be tested within 7 days of their visit and be able to show proof of their negative test results). Click here to be provided direction on a COVID testing site near you. Simply type in your city, state and zip code.
- Click here for information on our perishable food drop-off program.
- Click here for information on our Special Delivery program.
- Click here to complete and sign the COVID-19 vaccine authorization record.