THIS IS AN IMPORTANT MESSAGE FROM THE CENTERS AT ST. CAMILLUS
ON MONDAY, OCTOBER 19, 2020:
Dear St. Camillus Family Members and Friends,
Because the safety and well-being of your loved-ones, our residents and patients, is paramount, we’re sorry to inform you that we will temporarily not be able to allow Limited In-Person Visitations due to a recent positive diagnosis for COVID-19 in the facility.
Following the NYS Department of Health Guidelines, visitation must be discontinued for a 14 day minimum period if there is a new positive result.
Contingent upon continued negative testing results from employees and residents in the coming weeks, the earliest we anticipate resuming Limited In-Person Visitations is sometime during the week of November 2, 2020.
We will alert you with the next potential onsite visit date.
We are very sorry for having to postpone these visits, but will let you know when Limited In-Person Visitations can resume via our website (at www.st-camillus.org) and our Facebook page (The Centers at St. Camillus).
Window Visits will continue to be available. If you would like to schedule a Window Visit with a resident or patient, please contact Rachel Benton at 315-703-0740.
In the meantime, St. Camillus’ Special Delivery and Perishable Food Drop-Off Programs are still in effect so that you may bring your loved-one limited perishable food, non-perishable snacks and personal items.
Thank you for your understanding of this matter.
From The Centers at St. Camillus
ATTENTION ST. CAMILLUS FAMILIES & FRIENDS:
Monday, October 5, 2020
St. Camillus will begin scheduled limited in-person visitations on Tuesday, October 6, 2020, as long as we continue to experience zero positive COVID-19 diagnoses in both residents and staff members. We are just waiting for our latest series of testing to reconcile showing that we are in compliance to begin offering limited visitations.
As mandated by the NYS Dept. of Health, if any residents or staff members test positive for COVID-19, these limited in-person visitations must immediately cease for another 14 day period.
The newest visitation guidelines, which went into effect September 17, are:
- Visitors are required to present a verified negative test result received within seven (7) days of their negative test result date (not from the date the test was performed).
- Visitation must be refused by the facility if the individual fails to present a negative test result, exhibits any COVID-19 symptoms, or does not pass screening question.
- Only two (2) visitors are allowed per resident per visit. Anyone under the age of 18 (any child, toddler, or baby) must be accompanied by an adult and counts as your second visitor (maximum).
- Visitors must undergo temperature checks, wear face coverings, and socially distance during the visit.
The same criteria that St. Camillus previously posted for these limited visits will apply:
- Visitation may also be stopped by state and/or local authorities if there is an increase in community COVID spread.
- All visitors are required to adhere to the following visitation guidelines also found on our website at www.st-camillus.org. Noncompliance will result in loss of visitation privileges.
- Visitors must call in advance to schedule a visitation with residents.
- Only two (2) people per visit; any visitors under 18 must be with an adult.
- Visitors must complete a COVID-19 screening and be cleared to participate in the visit or the visitation will be denied. No pets allowed.
- Socially distant limited in-person visitations will occur indoors in our Social Day Program space. We will still offer window visits during this transition time to full inside visits based on schedule availability until visitors have had the opportunity to get tested. Window visits will occur outdoors (weather permitting) in the tented areas located adjacent to our Main Entrance or indoors in our Social Day Program space due to inclement weather only.
- Visitors must complete hand hygiene, wear face masks, and practice social distancing at all times. Residents will be provided with face masks. Eating or drinking is prohibited; care packages are not permitted.
- Staff members will disinfect, supervise, monitor, and assist during all visits.
- To schedule a visit Mondays through Fridays between 10:00 AM & 11:30 AM and 1:30 PM to 3:30 PM, please contact Rachel Benton at (315) 703-0740 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please arrive 15 minutes early to support the check-in and screening process.
- If you have any questions, please call St. Camillus at 315-488-2951.
COVID-19 Related Information
- St. Camillus is dedicated to the safe and quality care of all residents.
- The New York State Department of Health website has positive cases listed by county.
- We are monitoring New York State Department of Health, Onondaga County Health Department, and Centers of Disease Control websites.
- We receive, review, and follow updates as they are made available.
- St. Camillus staff has been educated and trained to follow infection control practices to help prevent the spread of any disease.
- We are enforcing frequent hand hygiene and providing personal protective equipment (PPE).
- We are cleaning and disinfecting frequently touched objects and surfaces per guidelines.
- We are screening any allowed visitors, staff, contracted personnel, and vendors for illness per guidelines, and ensuring those who are ill do not enter the facility.
- Visitors, including Companions, are restricted and not allowed to visit residents.
- Flower deliveries are acceptable.
- St. Camillus will now process all residents’ personal laundry that was previously laundered by the family.
- Clothing, for new admissions only, can be dropped off at the Main Lobby on Mondays and Thursdays from 11:30 AM – 12:30 PM and 5:00 PM – 6:00 PM. Please label all clothing with the resident’s name. The clothing will be accepted up to three days after the admission date (weekends excluded).
- Pandemic emergency plan available here.
- Medical appointments for residents will be approved by the St. Camillus Care Team. Family members opting to attend the appointment should arrive at the facility a few minutes early to complete the required health screen prior to boarding the transportation vehicle.
- Therapeutic Leaves of Absence for residents will not be accommodated at this time.
- No visitation includes no visiting anywhere outdoors on facility grounds.
- Visitation must be pre-approved by Nursing Administration. Individuals are required to complete a health screen. There is a limit of two visitors per visitation time.
- The St. Camillus Interdisciplinary Care Team will be calling all residents’ primary contact routinely to provide updates.
- Centralized activities and pastoral programs are prohibited.
- For questions regarding Admissions, please call 315-488-1500.
- St. Camillus will facilitate all discharges. Our care team will contact family caregivers to arrange for on-site Educational Training.
- Due to the volume incoming phone calls, please leave a detailed message with the operator and a team will return all calls within a reasonable period of time. Please inform the operator if the call is an urgent situation.
- The weekends will be managed with the following protocol:
- All non-urgent calls will be returned between 1:00 PM and 4:30 PM by the dedicated Interdisciplinary Response Team (IDRT).
- A dedicated line (315-440-1594) for non-urgent calls is in effect to support calls on Saturday and Sunday during the above time by the IDRT.
- The protocol consists of facilitating a call directly with your loved one.
- The Adult Day Health and Social Day Health programs are temporarily closed.
- Update from the State Long Term Care Ombudsman:
- Update from the New York State Department of Health:
- Several people have contacted us asking where they can be tested for COVID-19 (all visitors must be tested within 7 days of their visit and be able to show proof of their negative test results). Click here to be provided direction on a COVID testing site near you. Simply type in your city, state and zip code.
- Click here for information on our perishable food drop-off program.
- Click here for information on our Special Delivery program.