After undergoing surgery or other treatments, some individuals find themselves needing brief inpatient rehabilitation before returning home to live independently again. St. Camillus offers such a program to help “bridge the gap” between hospital and home.
The Subacute Rehabilitation Program provides comprehensive, short-term inpatient rehabilitation that effectively prepares individuals to return home after a hospital stay. Individuals receive all the care they need – everything from therapies to nursing – to facilitate recovery.
The RehabPath Subacute Rehabilitation program is intense and accelerated. It helps inpatients build strength and independence, to achieve their maximum level of function before returning home.
Special emphasis is placed on family participation, as it is highly therapeutic for inpatients. Both the patient and their family are involved from the very beginning to determine a clearly-defined treatment plan. This process takes the guesswork out of recovery, so the patient and family will know what to expect and how the rehabilitation will proceed. The entire process of going from hospital to home usually takes one to three weeks, depending upon the diagnosis.
We generally treat individuals, age 16 and older, who:
- Require or would greatly benefit from rehabilitation
- Orthopedic conditions (hip/knee replacement, multiple fractures, etc.)
- Deconditioning due to illness or surgery
- Neuromuscular disorders
- Various other diagnoses
- Are medically stable
- Have rehabilitation potential
- Are motivated to work toward a quick recovery
- Highly tailored treatment plans
- Effective rehabilitation addressing strength, independence and activities of daily living
- Personalized care centered around individual needs such as diet, family participation and ongoing education
- Caring, professional staff to help the patient and family through a quick recovery
- A home-like atmosphere for inpatients located on a separate, dedicated unit within St. Camillus
- Additional St. Camillus services available to inpatients such as transportation to outside office visits and more.
For more information about rehabilitation at St. Camillus, please call admissions at 315-488-1500.